Friday, November 11, 2011

Correctional Officer

I decided to create this blog to help people who are thinking about becoming Correctional Officers get an idea of what the job really entails. Although I really enjoy my job I consider myself to be very lucky. When I applied to become a Correctional Officer I really had no idea what I was getting into. I feel lucky because I can see why many people wouldn't like this job but it just happened to fit well with my personality and lifestyle.

I plan to post the many crazy, weird, disgusting,  and unbelievable things that go on in a correctional facility. Not to impress you but to give you a reality check about the kind of things that you may deal with. I will tell you about current events as well as some events that have already happened. I will also write about some of the day to day stuff that goes on that is not so impressive. After all this will give you the best idea of what a day in the life a Correctional Officer truly is.

This blog isn't just to help those considering the profession, it is also great for anyone who wants to truly understand the world that we live in. This job has truly opened my eyes. I consider my former self to be naive and I would venture to say that unless you have spent time in a jail, prison, or mental institution then you might be too.



No comments:

Post a Comment